- 82 years old
- Date of birth: Apr 26, 1931
- Place of birth:
Manhattan, New York, United States
- Date of passing: Nov 8, 2013
|Video clips titled: ‘John’s Life’ and ‘July 26th,’ from Breezy Point tribute are viewable at link below.|
Our father died peacefully, surrounded by family, in comfortable hospice care near his home just outside Chicago. Drew's family gathered with friends and a few nearby relatives a few weeks later on Thanksgiving weekend in New York to reminisce. The following summer, the entire family gathered to share a meal and honor Dad's last wish, to scatter his ashes in the waters off Breezy Point, like we did for Mom back in 1997.
Video clips from both events viewable at this link.
Much love to all of you — Steve, Drew & Kevin
• Click His Life tab above for a brief summary of John's life.
• Click “Subscribe” (above right) to be notified of new contributions to this space.
Our collective reminiscing will be helped by memories you might contribute to Stories tab above.*
* Log-in through Facebook, or just enter your email and click “Don't have a password” to create a UserID allowing you to post your own thoughts to help us all reminisce together. Or, if you prefer, just email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
"This is Eileen (Connolly) Daily, daughter of Mary Lynch (Johns sister) who married Bill Connolly. Our mother Mary Lynch passed away last November as well on the 15th. Unfortunately, we could not make it down to Breezy Point. The videos are beautiful and the tributes are lovely. Our sincerest condolences to all the family. We are thinking of you all and We hope to be able to reunite with cousins and relatives at some point in the future if there is another reunion (I remember the last at a park in CT which was lovely). May they all be resting in peace."
"This is so wonderful! I just found out about all of you...I am a Lynch cousin, Terry Lynch Brennan, daughter of Tom and Doris Lynch (Tom was Uncle Joe's youngest brother). Loved hearing about your Grampa/Father and seeing your pictures...many of you resemble our branch of the family! Looking forward to seeing Drew in NYC next Saturday!"
Have a suggestion for us?