This memorial website was created in memory of our loved one, Raymond Vega, 38 years old, born on July 28, 1976, and passed away on November 10, 2014. We will remember him forever.

Tributes are short messages commemorating Raymond, or an expression of support to his closest family and friends. Leave your first tribute here, and others will follow.

Leave a Tribute

Light a Candle
Lay a Flower
Leave a Note
Recent Tributes
Recent stories

Gerryville Pike to our first meeting

August 13, 2019
Ray and I dug 28 post holes for a new privacy fence that evening removing rocks from the ground and cementing 4x4s in the holes. Rain was pouring down like it does in Pennsylvania sometimes. Our fingernails splitting as we dug. Finally Ray and I assembled the fence. I held the pieces as Ray drilled in the screws.
      I will always remember him working like crazy as it was my first time to work this hard in my life though. On a many occasions we would meet in that old basement and try to manage the finishing touches on finishing that rickety and sometimes flooded area. The main idea for Ray was to keep going to do a productive job and have some satisfaction at the end of that day.
      Ray was very motivated to assume large aspects of responsibility for crafting a better domain. His wife loved him very much and required Ray to be busy at the renovations as much as possible, so they could continue their happy life together. As she, Oxana worked a real job, Ray, was at odds being that the three or four jobs he had in the area was alway neglecting his expertise and making him do lower tasks to make them more money. 
      Ray knew I was more tired somedays after helping him to boot and needing more experience to show that I was trying to be a betterment to society. I had my spills and Ray did too. But we just kept hustling day after day to prove to ourselves and loved ones we could be a betterment to everyone.
      All the while Ray and I would wind down and relax before we stared afresh the next mourning and had good plans to keep hacking away at this monstrous and difficult task. But we had to hurry, the rest of the world was at it also doing there best trying not to become beat up also. Anyways it was better to relax and start fresh for the days would wander if we grew too tired and Ray made sure we always had good food and proper rest to continue in the morning.
      I came from a troubled past when we met one day in Quakertown inside a sauna at the YMCA. I asked Ray what he was doing with these plastic bags wrapped around him underneath his sweats he said he was losing water weight by sweating himself half to death. I laughed and we became friends quickly. I gave him a ride home that night to his house on Quakers Way and he borrowed some food from the neighbors to cook for me that night. We ate good and I went home not knowing he would call me first thing in the morning to come over and hang out. Ray used to say “You don’t have anything going on, you should come over.” Little did I know then he had big plans for us both.
      Ray was working with Jason at a friends house and was making some money excavating. The Job was never finish but he had a little cash at the end to buy cigarettes and Natural Ice beer he liked. That night we had some nice fish smuggled over by his friendly neighbor Kristen.

Ill tell you more about those days in 2009-2010 sometime later, because it is very memorable to us andfriends that we knew.

Invite others to Raymond's website:

Invite by email

Post to your timeline