Large image
His Life
April 18, 2015

When Scott was in his early 20's, he got a job at Bay Area SPCA in Bacliff.  He was a kennel helper.  He loved the animals.  He even got his siblings to volunteer weekends. Later he was also in charge of animal euthanasia...they used a gas chamber.  This weighed very heavily on him.  Many nights he came home with the effects of that chore showing on his face and in his demeanor.  He continued to work there for about 2 years.  Then his sister, Heather, who worked at a vet clinic in Dickinson, got him an interview for a job there.  He was hired and became a vet tech.  This job gave him the opportunity to help animals mostly and he often took in unwanted animals or found homes for them.  He continued to work there until his death.

August 22, 2012
As a teenager, Scott was very active. He enjoyed riding his bike, roller-blading, riding his dirt bike and skateboarding. Of all that, I would have to say skateboarding was his passion. Tony Hawk was his hero. He spent hours learning a new trick. He had to have the best of the best when it came to his board and the parts. Strictly pro. He always took time to show young kids how to do a trick and many times gave them parts they needed that he had extra. From 15 to 18, Scott lived with his aunt in Paola, Ks. While there he had a girlfriend named Heidi whom he loved dearly but events happened and they eventually broke up but he still loved her for years.
November 17, 2011
As a small boy, Scott's favorite stuffed toys were Mickey Mouse, Curious George (Georgie), and his Monchichi, but his overall favorite was Georgie, whom I now have with me. Scott also had the whole collection of The Smurfs including the village.
November 15, 2011
When Scott was about 4, I wanted to go to work and decided to put him in daycare. (Up to this time, he had never been cared for by anyone but myself.) When I took him the first day and he realized I was gonna leave him, he screamed and wouldn't let go of my leg! The daycare workers insisted I leave him and he'd be ok once I left him. So with a heavy heart and tears in my eyes, I did. When I returned a few hours later, I asked how he did and they said he just sat behind the door the whole time and waited for me to come back! The next day as we approached the school, he started his crying again and once again, leaving him was difficult. When I returned, it was the same thing. He just sat and waited for me. So on the third day I thought I would entice him with a new toy he could have if he didn't cry when I left him. That didn't work either. After about a week of trying and no improvement, I gave up and took him out of daycare.
November 12, 2011
When he was about 3 years old, we were at a store grand opening and Scott pulled over a metal pole that was used to designate lanes and got a deep cut above his right eye. We were rushed to the hospital by ambulance. It took 4 stitches to close it. The store paid for all medical and ambulance expenses. (Have you already noticed how many times the #4 comes into play? We always told Scott 4 was his lucky number.)
November 12, 2011
When Scott was 4 months old, we moved to Clearwater, Fl. We were barely settled in our new house when he fell from his dressing table and I rushed him to the hospital. He had a hairline fracture and was hospitalized for 4 days.
November 4, 2011
Scott was born on Nov. 4, 1974 at 4:04pm at Rosewood Hospital, Houston, Texas. After his delivery and his doctor checked on him, he told me "your son has a good set of lungs on him and he has his own harem in the nursery" as he was the only boy with 6 girls!